Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Walking The Red Carpet

I received some awards the last couple of week.  Being the cool person I am, I dressed up in my best dress and accepted them with pride. 

The first one was from Jenny at My Life As Jenny
I tell you what.  This girl makes me laugh.  Hard.  I can't believe she thinks I'm funny.  But Jenny, thanks bunches. *blush*

The second one comes from Marti at MarviMarti

What the heck girl, me, stylish?  Well, I did get the new hairdo, as did you.  We rock.

Rules, schmules.  I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.  Too hard.  So I stole some of the questions that Sunday Stealing had a few week ago.  Hows that for things about myself.  (say it, you are impressed, I'll wait)

1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Gosh.  I would have to say a sweet pork burrito from Cafe Rio.  Smothered with medium sauce.
Are you hungry now or what?

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
Homework?  What is this thing you call homework.  I'm a true blue, never do, homework.  Ok, I did the bare minimum but none of this do 4 hours of the crap every night.  Being a kid is too short.  Have some fun.  Yeah, I was a bad mom, when my kids said, I hate homework, I would agree.  :)

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
Anywhere that has a nice piece of furniture that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
How young are we talking?  When I was in elementary school, I lived about 1 block away from the school so I went home everyday.  Middle school it was, buy crap (yes, crap, like candy bars at the student union.  How do you think I got such the voluptuous figure)  High school I actually enjoyed the school lunch.  I ate salads a lot.  That is where I found my love for blue cheese dressing.

5. Is religion a crutch?
 Like a crutch when you break a leg.  No, I get those from the pharmacy.
6. In your region, what is the “big” high school sport?
Football. 

7. Do you consider yourself rich?
I consider myself rich when it comes to my husband, kids and grandkids.
 
8. Which of these would you have the best chance administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
Probably the Heimlich maneuver.  CPR ummm no, changing a flat tire, could probably do it but I would probably play the "poor woman" card. :)

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn and why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing
I'm going with Salsa.  Mostly because I have no rhythm in my body whatsoever.  I could probably fake my way through the salsa.  It's got sexy moves, and we all know I'm too sexy for myself, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy.....

10. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
Hahahaha, hehehehehe.  College.  Didn't you read number 2.  Me and school were not the best of friends.  Oh, I graduated high school in the middle of my class, but to go to college, ummm, no.  I would say the thing I learned about college is you pay a lot of money that someday you have to pay back.  Please don't be hating.  It just wasn't my cup-o-tea.

Now I'm supposed to give this award to a bunch of bloggers.  I can't do it.  I can't list every single one of you.  It tears my heart out to leave people out.  So here's the deal.  Please, please, please, if you want either of these awards, grab it.  You can say I gave it to you if it makes you feel better.  I give it to those of you that make me laugh out loud at work.  I give it to those who make me get goosebumps.  I also give it to those of you that hate the winter.  Also those who have had horrible, rotten things happening to them right now.  You are all fantastic bloggers and deserve these awards.  Go ahead, they're yours.  You're welcome.