Monday, December 6, 2010

Special Things

Went to my diabetes doctor Friday.  Have I ever told you my doctor is the coolest.  She is my age, and I told her she could never retire until I die.  Well, it's true.  One time we rode up in the elevator together, and actually had a conversation about our families.  Tell me, how many of you can say the same thing?  I know you are dying to know how my appointment went.  According to her, I'm the most excellent of patients.  Don't believe me?  I have proof.
 





 And just check out the A1c.  You got it.  6.6%.  I have you people to thank for that.  Instead of vegging and watching TV and eating every night, I'm blogging and reading blogs and forgoing the stomach grumblings.  So a big shoutout thanks to you all!!


 
 Jen over at Love Me or Hate Me had a Christmas Ornament Exchange that I decided to participate in.  I got mine in the mail the other day. 
 




 Isn't it so cute.  Thanks to Michelle in Indiana for sending it to me.  Love it. 
 
Moving on to my big mouth.  What, did I say that?  Christy at My Mad Mind does a little thing called the Big Mouth Award.  She has figured out a way that counts all the comments people leave her and who leaves her the most.  It's a monthly thing.  This month I was lucky enough to get the following award.
 

Honorable because I only commented 19 times.  The winner, 52 times.  Do you know what that means?  She was leaving more than one comment per post.  Geez, she must have wanted it really bad.  But I'm cool with the honorable mention.

Last but certainly not least, My Captivating Images awarded me the Stylist Blogger Award.  I'm supposed to tell you 7 things and give to others, but I'm just way too out of things to tell you about me.  And all of you deserve this award.  So this time I'm just going to thank her for awarding me the award.
That is all.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.