Monday, November 17, 2014

Music Memory Monday 11.17.14

Time once again for my little play along (hahaha, get it, Play) meme, 

MUSIC MEMORY MONDAY

My selection for this week has a story behind it.  

Once upon a time, in a place far, far away, there was 2 sisters.  The older sister took ballet lessons.  Her teacher's name was Miss Barbara.  She was one scary, ole, bwitch.  The younger sister of ballerina, was a shy, quiet child.  It was me.  Hey, stop laughing, I was, once upon a time.  This young quiet child took about 2 lessons from Miss Barbara, and other than the fact that I don't have one dancing bone in my body, I just couldn't overcome my fear of the lady.  

My sister was getting good enough that she was trying to get into TOE SHOES.  Miss Barbara, being the fine outstanding, lover of all children, especially her students, who she so lovingly would poke with an ice pick if their legs moved the wrong way, would make those aspiring to become prima ballerina's, learn to stand on their tippy toes, WITHOUT TOE SHOES, for a long time.  I want to say, 3 to 4 hours, but she was a witch, remember.  I'm not sure about the time, but my sister would practice in the hallway, right by the front door, standing on those toes, to the following song.  And not the shortened version that I found.  The full, drawn out, all on side one the album.

IN-DA-GADDA-DA-VIDA by Iron Butterfly

A true ballet inspired song if I have ever heard one.  :)


And yes, dear ole sister, to this day, can still stand on those toes without the toe shoes.  
Your turn, let me know what song brings up memories for you.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I would have slapped her that is insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how any ballerina can withstand the torture of the dance. It is beautiful to watch, but I can imagine very painful. Tell your sister she is a show off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds nuts. Makes me grateful I was never a ballerina.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU

    That song reminds me of my mom, she always used to sing it and she's one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete