Monday, January 11, 2021

ARE WE DONE YET!


 Another day of chemo. You get tired. You sleep. It couldn’t be the amount of Benadryl they give you before you start that days round. Or all the other poisons they are injecting into your body. I got strong enough from the time spent in the hospital after round four that they determined I was strong enough to get round five. Lucky me. 

Three weeks later I was in for round six. You feel like it is never going to end. To this day I can’t watch St. Jude commercials without bursting into tears. I feel so bad for those children getting this crazy disease called cancer. Then I feel the pain their parents are going through. I’ve watched the pain and anxiety on Brent’s face every time I’ve had to have chemo or a procedure. He is one strong man. If any of you are put in the position that your loved one is watching you go through sickness, be supportive of them. Let them talk about their feelings. Let them be angry. They might scream. They will cry. It’s not just you going through all this. 

These are the many hats Brent wears daily. 
He drives me everywhere. He cooks my meals and get them ready to eat. He gets my thirteen drugs ready daily and also answers the drug questions they ask at my appointments. He knows their names. I don’t. He makes me go for walks daily even tho it hurts because I need a hip replacement. He takes care of all my daily needs. He is the worlds best husband. I love him with every ounce of my soul. 

On September 26, 2019 I had my PET scan where they scan you to see if you have cancer still or not. They made an appointment for me to go in on the 30th. This is a very scary appointment to go to. What are you going to hear? More rounds of chemo, which would be a different kind of drugs, or remission. You go in the conference room. You wait for the doctor to come in. Anticipation. I needed a chill pill. 

Finally they came in. What did they have to say. Breathe. Then you hear, YOU ARE IN REMISSION!!!  Phew. Breathe out. They go over your plan for future visits. 

They gave me this book. I have it sitting out and look at it daily. 

I finally got to have my PICC line removed. You have to lay down for a half hour. It’s weird feeling them pull it out. Much easier than going in, that’s for sure. Once you have passed your “I want to get out of here” time, you finally get to ring the bell. 


It’s an extremely happy day in your life. 

Hopefully nothing else will happen. Right?  Of course not!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment