Monday, April 16, 2012

What Clown College Did You Come From?


After sitting down and watching the 9:00 PM early news (because, I'm an olster and fall asleep early), I just had to bring up a point of interest, to you, my adoring fans.

WEATHERMEN
Do they go to some kind of clown college?  Is there a code of weirdness that they have to follow?  Maybe I just need to get a life, but honestly, most of the MEN weather people I watch, on any channel, are strange, wacky, and weird.  Now, Steve Martin, I would love to have him as my weatherman to watch.  Why, because he is natural, he doesn't have to "try" to be funny.  

And while I'm on the "what bothers me about local news" rant, lets talk about the talk between the dude covering the "Breaking News" story, and the anchor back at the station.  

Tonight's breaking news, a fire at the LDS Conference Center.  Yeah, that could be bad. But the sprinkler system got the fire out pronto, before the fire department got there, but there was extensive water damage from said sprinkler system.  Reporter interviews the Fire dude.  Fire dude does a good job of telling us all that he knows right now.  Even I, got it the first time.  Reporter then asks the same question, 2 or 3 times, in a different way, but the same freaking question.  I'm screaming at my TV, asked and answered, asked and answered!!!!!!

Meanwhile he FINALLY throws it back to the studio.  Male anchor, "so, reporter dude, did the fire person just say that there is water damage".  What the hell!!!    I don't know, I didn't hear it the 3 TIMES ALREADY.  Breathing, breathing.  

Don't even get me going on the talk between the male anchor and the weatherman.  I'm trying hard to get that vision out of my brain.

8 comments:

  1. what i want to know is how much they get for guessing the weather. I love when they say 40 % chance of rain today.. hey jackwagon it's raining cats and dogs right now I think you can move that to 100% duh

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing the reporter did...the inmates do that all the time. They hope that if they change a word up in their question they'll get a different answer. The answer doesn't change. And then they get offended when we tell them to stop being stupid and pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never watch tv so I avoid all this. It's not good for your blood pressure you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK you just made me love my local station all the more. They are actually really good and get along well. You can tell they are all friends and crack on each other all the time. AND they don't do that on scene reporter, station reporter crap..

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have an app for the weather...so there...suck on that news people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And they all have weird names too. I'm with Kimberly on this. I have a weather app.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched the news for ages. Must be the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You musta been watching that bonehead, nonuts nincompoop on channel 4. I've always said weathermen are the second highest paid liars.... The anchor ass is just as obnoxious. Wherethehell do they find them?

    ReplyDelete