Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day Two, I Can't Take Her Anywhere

If you haven't read Day One of The Awesome Adventures of April and Dazee, you really should.  I promise, if you pay for us to come hang out with you, you will not regret it.  It will be the most fun you have had in a long time.

Day Two started out going to see The Hunger Games with my daughter and son-in-law.  Oh-My-Goodness.  Loved, loved loved this movie.  It was all sorts of awesome.  This scene....big huge tears rolling down my face.  

Next up on our day, catching a ride on Trax to head downtown to see the new City Creek Center.  It just opened last Thursday, March 22.  We went on Sunday, so none of the stores were opened because, well, because I live in Utah.  I need say no more.  

We got on in Daybreak.  First of all, the train was sitting there for a while.  We bought our tickets and all of the sudden the train rang it's little bell and started rolling.  WAIT, WAIT, running ensued, arms waving, screaming at the top of our lungs, STOP, STOP.  Phew, he saw us.  

We were the only ones on the train.  Oh no, not a good thing.  Ok, its an awesome thing, because I'm with my equal in weirdness, so we had to take photo's like this.

Here she is waving to the cars that have to wait for us to go by.  

After one train change, we get to our destination.  Dudes, City Creek is a big deal for us in the city of salt.  Big name stores have arrived.  Some of them you guys have, but we never have.  I have to say, we are growing up.  Tear, tear.

This is part of the creek that the center is named after.  It was so peaceful and pretty.

And a look from the 2nd floor

One of the big name stores that we now have in town.  Here's April praying for that big ole huge diamond sitting in the window.  

Michael Kors.  I love him.  He is on my favorite all time show, Project Runway.  And yes, I need to get my hair done, please don't bring that up.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of this store, but April is contemplating becoming a live mannequin. 

This is my all time favorite photo of the whole day.  They have these doggy waste bags throughout the mall.  April just had to do her impression of the dog.  Have I mentioned, I love this girl.

Lastly, here she is, having been worn out by all the walking I made her do.  

The evening ended with watching another of my favorite movies, THE HELP.  
Miss April hadn't seen it yet.  Hey, she lives in Podunk, remember.

6 comments:

  1. wow what a nice post :) thanks for sharing and for the smile!!! hope your doing well

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he he he he. Love it! I am having Donna withdrawls. :( I miss you! I laugh so much when we are together. We need to start planning our next round of adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of photos, wow I wish I could be that wacky but I'm too reserved and boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you two had quite a fun day. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a total blast! what a pretty shopping center.

    ReplyDelete