Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tis The Season For Doorbell Ditching

This year I have done more Christmas shopping online than any other year.  I know, you are thinking to yourselves, Dazee, what has taken you so long woman?  Well, ummmm, I don't just jump on the bandwagon the first time it pulls up to my door.  Also, this is the first year that I've done sites like Swagbucks, iRazoo and Superpoints,  that let me earn points that I've turned into Amazon Gifts Cards, which turn into presents.  It's been so much fun.

Alas, that's not the reason I'm doing this post.

Nope, I thought I would do a little story about the UPS and Fedex Dudes(ettes).


I think there is a question on the employment applications of those fine companies that goes like this.

35.  As a child, did you doorbell ditch?      ___yes   ___no

I also think that if you answer no to the question, your application is thrown out.

I don't know about you guys, but when I get the notices of when my packages are going to arrive, I get all giddy and excited.  I listen for the doorbell all day long.  (well hell, I'm not working right now).  I track those packages like the ninja warrior that I am.  My favorites words to see:

Out For Delivery


I wait anxiously, and then, the time arrives.

Ding-Dong


I struggle get out of my chair, head for the door, unlock the deadbolt (because you can't be safe enough) and there goes the UPS/Fedex truck driving off.  I know it has only taken me about 10 seconds to get to the door.  They must sprint like crazy.  Or they are Santa Clauses in training.  I have yet to see what they even look like.  Gone are the days that they MUST get your signature.  Which is ok, because if you happen to not be home then you have to make a special trip and we all know that I'm super lazy and don't want to do that.  Big breath.

If you have kids that are into the doorbell ditching thing.  Chin up, they have a fine future in the package delivery world.

You're Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment