Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Firestorm I Created

Well, I went and did it. I finally spoke my mind on Facebook yesterday and did I ever create a firestorm.

I get really tired of seeing all the hate in the world. I get tired of people thinking it is ok to hate someone for their beliefs, and especially get tired of people praying for the death of someone. I understand that we are all entitled to our thoughts and I'm extremely glad that I live in America where I am allowed to speak my mind. But there comes a point, that I just can't take it anymore. I read the hate day after day, holding my tongue and then, whammo, I blow up. That's what happened yesterday.I know I've mentioned before that I don't like contention. But when it comes to the people I love, the mother bear in me comes out. I have passed this trait, whether it be good or bad, onto my children. I love my kids with all my heart, mind and soul. I found out that my daughter loves me just as much. I watched the mother bear come out of her and then I also watched the tumbling of her soul. I watched as she crumbled because of the hate. Of people saying things and "saying" they weren't directed towards anyone, they just like to rant on facebook. Funny how they can dish it out but they can't take it. Don't get me wrong, I love being on FB. I like some of the applications, and I like to be able to see pictures of people and pictures of their lives. I have even found friends from high school and have started those relationships back up. Because of the hate, my daughter deactivated her FB account and has done the same with her blog. That makes me so, so sad. It also has made some of her followers sad, and they have emailed me about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say in this blog is, we need to stop the hate now. In my perfect world, everything is sunshine, and rainbows and unicorns. Love will abound. (I know, and then I woke up). People will say that I've taken this all too personal. That's your perogative. I will always stick up for my kids. With their flaws. Because WE ALL HAVE THEM. And some people don't understand their flaws and try to make them out to be somewhat of a bad person. Each and every one of us have something that brings us down. So just because something that brings me down, doesn't bring you down, don't think I'm taking it personal. I'm not. I hurt just like the rest of you. I just might not show it to the world.
Just remember, if you dish it out, you better be ready to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment