My daughter awarded the Honest Scrap Award to me today. And since I'm being honest, a couple of weeks ago, one of the bloggers that I follow awarded me an award, and I can't remember who it was. Or the name of the award. Could be that I'm old (yes), but whoever gave it to me, if you are reading this, don't be mad at me. I'm putting a shout out to you. You know who you are.
Now on with the award. I guess what I'm supposed to do is list 10 things about myself. Yikes, this is going to be hard.
1. I'm an emotional eater. When I get upset, I have to have any kind of pastry or ice cream. Ok, not any kind of ice cream. Usually any coffee flavored ice cream. The one I bought Sunday was Dreyer's Mud Pie. Oh my, coffee ice cream, chocolate graham cracker type chunks, and ribbons of chocolate. Heaven.
2. I love to laugh. My oldest son Justin always gets me to laugh hysterically. Whenever he is over for dinner, he will do some impressions, and they are spot on. You really should hear his impression of a toilet flushing or a vacuum. But he does great "people" impressions too. This in turn gets me to do the snort laugh, or the gut laugh, or the "trying to start my car" laugh, which makes all my kids laugh at me.
3. I have bad road rage. It's a good thing other drivers can't hear me. I'm bad. Can you say potty mouth?
4. I cry easily. Commercials will make me cry. I can see the same movie 100 times, and cry at the same part every single time. Even if I've come into the movie right at the "cry" point. Me, crying. Not good.
5. I'm addicted to NCIS & Criminal Minds. I get very upset when there is not a new one. But I will watch them every night on cable. The only thing I would love more, is more Abbey on NCIS. I love that girl. She rocks.
6. I'm too compassionate. I will do anything for anybody, sometimes to the detriment of my husband and kids. If you need me, I'm there, but too many times I have been shit on. I'm pulling back and putting more of my love to my immediate family.
7. I love to read. Love, love, love it. And my newest love is my Sony E-Reader. I used to go to the library because I read so fast I felt it was a waste of money to buy books. Now I don't even have to leave my house to "go to the library". Can check out those books any day, any time. And returning them is just as easy.
8. My long term memory sucks. I can't remember anything from my 5th grade year. How old would that make me? Hmm, 10-11. I can remember something from each of my school years, but that one, I can't. Sometimes I think I would like to go get hypnotized but it kind of scares me. What if there was something awful that happened to me?
9. My biggest fear is being murdered. I have this extreme fear of being killed while at work. You know, some past employee or customer coming in and shooting up the place.
10. I'm the number 2 child of 9 kids. The baby of the family was born when I was a senior in high school. My mom never liked me to hold him in public because she didn't want people to think I was an unwed mother. Times have sure changed. I promised myself I would never have a large family because from my own experience, I got lost in the crowd. But then, that is about 100 other blogs.
Now I'm supposed to present this award to the blogs I feel deserve it! In no particular order The rules say to present it to 10. But, I'm so new to the blogging world, that I'm sure the ones I'm following have gotten this award a 100 thousand times. So I'm just going to give some shoutouts.
First to Mammas Cookie Jar. (my daughter). She is the one that has helped me become part of this blog world. Then there is Renee of Renee's Ramblings. She cracks me up. And I just found out that I am now her grandma because she wants my daughter to adopt her. Then there is Mary of My Whimsical Way. She was one of my first followers. The Snarkter, of Snide Commentary. She is so open. These are only a few, but I love all of you that I'm following. And all of you that are following me.
Now, pass it on. All of you are fair game. I love learning things about you.