Thursday, July 7, 2011

Life Begins...........

Happy July 7, 2011

Our assignment today from Miss Jenny is the letter L.  What a fine day for this assignment to come due.  
Why?

Because, 54 long, years ago, my mother gave birth to a bouncing baby girl.

Dazee Dreamer

My LIFE began on this day.  
Mom was laying around, wondering if the large belly of hers was ever going to be gone.  It was a Sunday.  The sun was shining, the birds were singing, a bright light shone above. (wait, that was just the delivery room light) my bad.

Mom went into labor.  
The date:  7/7/57
The time:  1:07 PM
The weight:  7 lbs 7 oz

My life has been full of laughter, laziness, loving, loneliness, and
Lollipops
I've always loved this picture.  I don't even know why.  Maybe it reminds me of times when life was carefree.  Or it could be just the randomness of it.  "Dazee, go stand in front of the fridge, I want to get a picture of you". Look at those lovely locks.  I have been cursed blessed with naturally curly hair.  At times in my life I hated it.  

Here I am at maybe age 2.  I'm looking rather uninterested.  But I'm rocking a cute coat and shoes.

I lost many teeth.  
I've lost weight and gained it back
I've given LIFE to 3  wonderful children
I've laughed till I cried
And cried when I felt like I was losing my dreams

Yes, I'm 54 years old today, but I'm still on my journey of having these later years of my life be mine.  
And I'm
LOVING IT!!!!!!

Jenny Matlock


No comments:

Post a Comment