Monday, July 11, 2011

So Ok, I'm A Big Goonball

Saturday, Mr. Dazee and I made a little trip down to Linden, Utah.  Now, I know you are thinking to yourself, why on earth would you go there.    Mr. Dazee has been looking at playground bark for a play area we are doing in our backyard.  (we don't spoil our grandkids, stop it).  

Last year when I started blogging, I would take note of what blogs people were talking about.  One of them was Because Nice Matters.    I went over and checked her out, and fell in love with her blog immediately.  She was so sweet and lovable, I just had to follow along.

One day, Noelle mentioned that her little sister was starting a blog.   Would we please go over and check her out.  (That's how nice Noelle is, I would have been all up in your face, telling you to get your butts over there right now).  Off I went, like a good girl, and a friendship was born between me and Baby Sister at La Esquina de la Estrellita.  Now, because I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp, I couldn't tell you what her blog name means in English, but me and baby sister have become good friends, even tho she is young enough to be my daughter.

Getting back to me being a goonball.  I emailed Noelle because their family owns a nursery.  They are only about 25 miles away from where I live, so we were off to look at their playground bark.  

My heart was all a-twitter.  I was FINALLY going to meet some of my blogging friends.  The whole way there, I was sooooo nervous.  What if they think I'm fat and ugly?  What if they think I'm way too weird for them?  What would I say?  I was torturing myself.  

We get to Linden Nursery .  Mr. Dazee goes off in search of the bark.  I went in search of Baby Sister.  I go to the front desk, and ask if Baby Sister is there.  Ok, I asked for her real name, but I almost asked for her blog name. :)  They tracked her down and said she would be up to the store in a minute.   This is the point where I began to fidget, and pace and wait....and wait....and finally, I hear the side door open, I look down the hall and there they were..........
  
Baby Sister is on the left, Noelle, who is 2 weeks from having little Emily, is on the right.  Honestly, she doesn't even look like she is due for another couple of months. 

Ok, here is the goonball part.  I hope you are sitting down.  Envision if you will, Dazee, in all her glory, running slowly, arms outstretched, giggling, tears coming to her eyes, as she runs closer to these 2 girls, and embraces them in the biggest group hug ever.  I couldn't even speak.  I got too emotional.  Honestly, what in the hell was up with that.  They were speechless.  (I probably scared them to death)  I got to meet Mama Smurf, and another one of their sisters (who informed me she doesn't blog, I'll forgive her, she doesn't know what she is missing).    I didn't want to leave.  I wanted to just stay, and talk, and I kept hugging them, and I'm just a goonball.  What can I say.

Now, because I really need to prove that I actually met them, Mr. Dazee took a photo of all three of us.  
I'm the one in the middle (hahaha, like you didn't know)  Don't I look like a goonball.  All twitterpated  being in their presence.    

A word to the wise.
There are more of you I want to meet.  I won't be able to contain my excitement.   If we meet in an airport, be prepared to be embarrassed when I do my run with outstretched arms.  

I will meet more of you.  It's a promise.  

One last thing.
This is Miss L
Today is her 9th birthday
Happy Birthday my beautiful girl!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was so nervous when I met a friend in real life...like I wanted to vomit. I was worried that they wouldn't like me.
    I would love to meet you one day Missy!!

    ReplyDelete