Monday, May 23, 2011

The Weekend I Wasn't Raptured

What did you do this weekend? I stayed at home, huddled in a corner, wrapped in a blanket, waiting for the world to end, went to our local amusement park, Lagoon, to watch my granddaughter in a dance competition.
Then it was off to ride the rides.  In all fairness, I just went this time as a spectator.  I know, you are floored with an announcement that I, the ever thrill seeker of life, didn't go on any rides.  It's true.  A moment of silence.........
 
In my defense, last Fall I did ride this roller coaster.  Watch it and weep. (or throw up).  Bwaahaha. 
 
It truly reflects its name of Wicked.  My above pictured granddaughter, L.O.V.E.S this ride.  She is 8 people.  The first time she rode it she was barely over 6.  She has been on this ride 8 times.  She gets her love of roller coasters from her mom, who, like my other 3 kids, get it from me.  :)
 
I have to admit.  I felt my age this weekend.  And it sucked.  I have a few things I would like to tell the makers/owners of amusement parks.
 
 BENCHES
There are not enough.  Sometimes I had to make do with the cement enclosures the trees were in.  They are at most 2 inches wide.  My butt is feeling the effects of sitting on such butthurting fine seating. 
 
BOTTLES OF WATER.  $2.50
Yes, police officer.  I was ripped off while at the park.  What?  You don't find $2.50 a bottle, when you can buy a case of them on a good day for $3.99, a total ripoff?  Alrighty then.
 
SLOWEST WORKERS EVER IN CONCESSION STANDS
Need I say more.
 

 CUTEST GRANDKIDS EVER
But then, I'm prejudice.  I'll go as a spectator anytime just to watch them.


11 comments:

  1. I was 23 when I realized I couldn't do roller coasters anymore! It's been downhill ever since. Now I throw up just driving to the grocery store! Awesome filming! Your grandchildren are adorable. I totally agree about not being enough places to sit while the kids go on the rides!

    Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once spent several hours sitting on a concrete wall-like structure at an amusement park while The Boy ran through the Nickelodeon Splash Zone. I'm talkin' hours...I've never seen The Boy look cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not watch the video cause I cannot handle roller coasters period.. you are a much braver woman then I

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's totally mandatory that the service people work like they're trudging through thick molasses (did I spell that right?) ok how about they trudge through cement.
    But I'm glad that you didn't crawl into a corner and rock the weekend away. Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sarcastic self! I've missed laughing out loud at blog posts! Looks like so much fun! You would be the coolest mom/grama ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like an awesome rollercoaster. My favorite is still the old white wooden one. Get in line, Sit in the last seat. Take ride. Get in line. Sit in the front seat. Repeat. 5 times. Laugh the whole time. I LOVE rollercoasters. (as you should know. We did this often enough in high school). I wanna go to Lagoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at the still shot made my stomach churn. No thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I didn't get raptured either? So, that's pretty awesome.

    I feel your pain since my family are a bunch of Disney fanatics. And I cannot even look at that video. I'm the one looking for the rare bench while my family rides the rides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate Lagoon! That's all I have to say about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lagoon! I really miss that place, I don't think I've been there since my senior trip and that was over 15 years ago.Donut Butt and I were in your neck of the woods last weekend, but it wasn't for lagoon! Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You see I can't go on any of these rides because they always ask me to take my cap off... and that's the only reason, truly.

    ReplyDelete