Friday, September 3, 2010

Gosh, Thanks I Heart You Too

In the last few weeks I have received a couple of awards.


The first one was given to me by Baby Sister at La Esquina de la Estrellita. She is so sweet you just want to bottle her up and give her away as a gift. She told us once on her blog what her saying meant, but being the "can't remember" gal, all I can remember it has something to do with stars. But don't even quote me on that.




With this award there are some questions.

#1: Why do I blog?

I blog because I have so many crazy things going on in my brain. While I'm awake and while I'm dreaming. So what better way to journal them and hopefully in the process, make someone laugh.

#2: What are your 3 best memories?

The day I married my hubby, the birth of my children (times 3), and the birth of my grandchildren (times 4 so far)

#3: Name 2 of the best books you've ever read:

I'm not going to say these are the best books I've EVER read, because I'm a reader and have read soooo many that I don't always remember the title or author. But one of them is The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver. I had to read the whole thing in one sitting. The other one is Intensity by Dean Koontz. Oh my, my heart was pounding the whole time I read that book. Another one I didn't put down till I was done.

#4: What are the 5 best movies ever made?

I'm almost afraid to say what I THINK are the best movies ever made. Lets just say, I love Sandra Bullock so anything she is in. Saving Private Ryan because I was able to show my kids when they were teenagers and thought that going to war wasn't so bad, that it really truly is scary. Beaches because whenever I need a good cry I can watch it and cry every freaking time. And any other "feel good", they lived happily ever after movie.

#5: Name 5 things you cannot live without:

Hugs and Kisses from my grandkids, Sleep, Insulin :), my blog, and holding hands with my hubby.

#6: If you could change your name, what would it be?

Lafreesta Mufeesta. Kidding. I've kind of always like the name Naomi

#7: Tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself:

I'm actually not an extrovert, but I don't like it when I feel uncomfortable around people, so I force myself to talk and be friendly. (shut up, it's true)

#8: If you had a "Freaky Friday" experience, who would you change lives with?

I'm thinking someone like Bill Gates. I know, weird, but I would love to be super smart and become rich because of it, and be able to buy anything I want. Plus he gives tons to charities to help make others lives better.

#9: What is the best thing about being a woman?
Being able to cry during a movie or book, and feeling a little human in the making kicking you from the inside and rolling around

This next award I got from Christy at
I'm Just Sayin'. She is one of my newer followers. Shhhsh, don't be telling her she will be sorry. Ah hum, now were was I.

1. Answer this question:

If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
I think the only thing I would go back and change in my life, is not thinking for myself until I was 50. I wasted a lot of good years trying to please others in who they wanted me to be and what I should be doing.

2. The second thing you have to do is, pick 4 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the people that they have gotten this award.

I'm supposed to award these to bloggers that I like. But I always feel like I am leaving someone out, and I follow to many of your awesome blogs to give them to all of you. So, please, grab the award, all of you that are reading this, and answer the questions. I want to learn more about each and every one of you.

Hey, what are you waiting for, grab it and go.