Thursday, October 14, 2010

How Radio Can Ruin A Song

Once upon a time, I sent an email to my favorite radio morning show.  Shocked, aren't you.  What, you're not?  You know me too well.  I ever so nicely asked them why they played the same songs over and over and over, also mentioning that apparently the winners of American Idol must be their perceived listeners "favorite artists".  I did receive a nice email back from Erin.  So at least my email wasn't ignored.  According to my cute musical genius hubby who answered my oldie song question here on this post, the announcers don't decide what to play.  I was hoping in my obvious despair that said announcers would maybe let their music programmer dude in on the email.  Apparently they don't talk to each other. 

So, being the ever so prompt getting to work person that I am, I leave my home at 6:10 am every morning.  My favorite morning show people do a little bit in the morning where they play a snippet from a movie and you have to know who the actor is and what movie it comes from.  I love this part of the show.  Anysamemusic, each and every freaking day after the lucky winner wins, they play the same songs.  Did I mention, E.V.E.R.Y...S.I.N.G.L.E...D.A.Y.   mmmk, just wanted to make sure you saw that. 

The following 2 music video's are 2 of a few songs that are ALWAYS played after said "know your movie" segment.  They are now ruined to me for life.  Did you hear that Todd and Erin, FOR LIFE.  I mute my radio when they come on.  I can't stand to hear them anymore!

Take a gander, my little chick-a-dee's, I'll be muting while you listen. 



And now this one




Dear Todd and Erin.  Don't be upset with me.  Please....just....stop....playing....these....songs. 
 
Thank you, thank you very much
 
And yes, I will be emailing the link to this post to those mentioned above.  Will keep you posted.