Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Hubby, Oldie Music Genius

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head, but you can't quite remember the words, or the tune, but you know you really like it?  That has been me for the last week.

Have I ever told you that my hubby rocks.  Well, yes, he does.  He is a genius when it comes to oldies music. 

Today we went out to breakfast.  To Denny's.  I know, our age is showing, but heck, breakfast.  Don't judge.

On the way home, I said, honey, do you remember that one song from the 60's.  He answered "there are millions of songs from the 60's".  I continued, well it was by a woman.  He said, "that narrows it down to 333 thousand".  She was blond, I said.  He gave me "the look".  He started naming off blond singers from the 60's.  Ummm, I can't even remember the name or author of the book I just read, he thinks I'm going to remember some artists name.  Think again.

I finally say, it was a song about an inn, or a bar, or a restaurant.  He thought for a minute and then started singing this song.





He knew her name, the name of the song, and that Paul McCartney signed her to Apple Records.   He probably could tell us what month and year it came out too.  And the highest it reached on the charts.
 
We once had a social thing at our house.  Very, very few and far between, so don't even think about it.  It was people our age, around late 30's early 40's, and it was a sock hop.  You younguns probably don't even know what that is.  Anysong, people requested songs, and he would play them.  He has a music collection of songs from the 50's to the 90's.  We even had a feature of "Stump the DJ".  They had to come up with a song that they didn't think he would have.  They were all losers.  He had them all, and even if they didn't remember the name of the song, if they could remember one line from it, he knew it. 
 
Music was so great back when I was young.  You could understand the words.  There was usually a message, and you didn't feel like hitting your head against the wall. 
 
Thanks honey, for remembering the song for me.   You rock!!!!