Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday 6 - 10.2.10

BWS tips button


Today I am following along with the lovely Jana and Ashlee for Saturday 6.  These ladies are awesome moms, but aren't afraid to be sexy at the same time. 




  1. You get a million dollars, what's the first thing you buy? Well, I think I would actually pay off my house, give a hundred thousand to each of my kids to do with it what they want, and then go on a Hawaiian Cruise.  The rest would go into savings for the fun things.

  2.  What do you consider to be the best things about yourself?  (Your best qualities, what you like about yourself etc.) I think my best quality is the ability to listen.  I think there is an invisible stamp across my forehead that reads, tell me anything, it's safe with me.  It's not that I promote it, it's just that people will tell me their deepest darkest secrets.  I also won't tell a soul what I've been told, so I think that is a pretty good quality.

  3.  What do you consider to be your weaknesses?   Pastries.  Oh, you mean like, feeling sad for the person that is eating alone, or a child that is getting yelled at by it parents.  I take it all to heart.  I don't think I would ever be able to be a therapist because I would take the hurt all upon myself. 

  4.  Have you ever made a scene in public? Elaborate! Oh my heck, too many times.  For sure if you've wrong one of my kids, watch the hell out.  But I think the very first time I made a scene was in Jr. High (as it was called in the olden days).  9th grade.  I liked one of my friends cousins.  Another friend liked him too.  I can't even remember what led up to it, but she started spreading rumors about me.  So one day I was walking down the hall, saw her sitting in her class, pulled her out into the hallway and told her (actually screamed) that she was a big fat liar and everyone would find out and she better just shut up.  And thus began my years of losing it when it mattered.

  5. Any annoying quirks you possess? Hmmm.  quirks?  Certain pitches of some sounds.  Not every sound grates on my nerves, but like the sounds of a floor heater, or the constant beeping of the battery dying in the smoke detector.  Those kinds of sounds. 

  6. Are you more aggressive or passive in your personality? This is a weird one for me.  People would think I was aggressive.  But it didn't come naturally.  I had to really make an effort when we moved from Colorado to Utah when I was 14 to be friends with people because they just weren't friendly.  I also don't like feeling the silence when I go places, so I will start up a conversation with just about anyone if they look friendly and not scary. 

There you have it.  Loved these questions.  Now it's your turn.