Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sweet Becky

Jenny Matlock

Jenny, at Off On My Tangent, has once again pulled a fast one on us.  This week, we were given a four word prompt, but only 50 more words to write our story.  I could have used the whole 100 today, Jenny, *said sarcastically, while stamping my feet*,  but alas, you are the boss, so be it.

The prompt will be in blue.  

SWEET BECKY

Laura loved being a nurse, most of the time.  Tonight was no different, except for one thing.  Becky Stapleton in room 201.  A CODE BLUE was called.  Everything went downhill.


Now things were quiet.  As she looked in the room, she saw Becky’s mom, holding her child’s lifeless body singing,  “you are my sunshine”…………

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost a child, no matter what age.   

No comments:

Post a Comment