Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Of Those Days


So, I'm having one of those lovely, try on 3 shirts before I felt pretty enough to come to work, days.  Thank goodness I found my purple one hiding amongst my short sleeve shirts hanging on the right side of my closet.  I hate it when they do that to me.

Anywho, I thought I would share a couple of things with you today.  This is Miss L.  She is my oldest grandchild, all of the age of 8.  The other night her and her sibs were upstairs playing hide and seek.  Their dad was working late that night and wanted to say goodnight to them so he called my phone knowing they were there.  After all 3 of them had said their good nights, Miss L brought my phone back to me.
This is the background on my phone.  I know.  Be still my heart. 
"Grammie", she says, "who is this MAN on your phone"?  I reply, it's an actor that I think is cute.  "Grammie" she says in an authoritative tone, "you are married to bapa, why do you have him on your phone".  Ummm, blink, ummmm, because I think he is a cute actor?  If I had been on my toes I would have reminded her that she used to have the hots for Zach Efron, when she was 5, that she was going to marry, but I didn't think that fast.  Damn, she is growing up too fast.

And how cute is it when your 3 year old granddaughter and her 6 year old brother are "hiding out" in your computer nook, when she starts crying.  I ask, why are you crying cute girl.  This was her reply.

"Because Mr. C is talking to my voice"

?????

Must work now, because for some reason, that is what they pay me to do.