Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Prayer

Jenny Matlock


It's Saturday which means it's time for me to put my thinking cap on and follow the prompt on Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus.  Oh, she was a sly one this week.  The prompt is a picture.  My oh my Jenny, you are putting me to the test today.

 
He awoke with a start. What was that noise? He laid awake not daring to look and wondered if God had heard his pleading.
 
He felt like the blacksheep of the family. They so enjoyed the weather. It was always so nice and warm. He too loved nature and all the beauty of it. The leaves blowing ever so slightly. There was one thing he longed for, unlike the others.
 
He slowly opened his eyes. Oh my, he was in heaven.  As he looked at the fresh snow that was blanketing him, he was witnessing the answer to his prayer.