Monday, October 3, 2011

Don't Look To The Past

Once upon a time, not very long ago, I wished that I could find my childhood friend.  Because of one of my bloggy friends, I was able to reconnect.

Since then,  I think it is better to leave the past in the past.  Why did I want to find her so bad?  I don't know, because we were BFF's.  I had this scenario in my mind that we would find each other and be giddy and spend hours getting reacquainted.  It didn't happen.  I friend requested her on FB.  I sent her messages.  She finally accepted the request, but that is the end.  

But you know what?  She is the loser.  Her life took a different direction than mine.  She probably wouldn't approve of my tats, and my coffee drinking and my way of life.  I can live with that.  The only thing that kind of hurts is that all these years I truly wanted to find her.  She meant a lot to me growing up.  But apparently it wasn't a 2 way street.  Oh well.

Now I have a ton of new friends.  Those that make me giggle snort.   Those that I text but have never met.  Those that don't question my love for Shemar Moore, but wishes he were him.  *cough, Mark, cough*.  Those that lift me up when I'm down in the dumps.  Those that have included me in their "family".  

I've also found friends that I would do anything for if I could.  I would become a ninja agent to stop the pain and hurt that are happening to some of you.  I would definitely drive the Karma Bus with you guys on it, just so we could all enjoy it "coming around".

Like the saying at the top of this post says.  You are more important than you realize.  
Now, lets get this party started. :)

1 comment: