Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Life of Dad

I did a post on Mothers Day with these same questions asked about me. I thought that for Fathers Day, it would be fun to find out what my kids thought about their dad. Best of all, my husband has NO idea I did this. so HAPPY FATHERS DAY honey. You are the best!!!!!

I have reserved the right to add special commentary to each of these answers. Because, well, it's my blog and I'll do what I want to. (sung to the tune of "It's my Party, and I'll Cry if I want To") You totally went back and sung that, don't lie to Dazee now.

1. What is something dad always says to you?
Mindi: My phone rings each night at 8 O'clock. "Can the kids come upstairs and play?" (They live in our basement apartment)
Justin: Hey Stubbs (The nickname we gave him as a baby)
Brandon: "Now what we have to do here...." We move a lot :)

2. What makes dad happy?
Mindi: His grandkids--He smiles so big whenever he sees them, he gets those cute little wrinkles of joy around his eyes! :)
Justin: Not much
Brandon: Probably grandkids for number one. Other than that I know mexican food.

3. What makes dad sad?
Mindi: Watching an old video of his parents that my mom gave him for Christmas one year. It was the first time I ever saw him cry. Made me hurt so bad inside for him! He's always so tough, so it hit me hard. (my husbands father died when he was 11 and his mom died when he was 15)
Justin: Not much
Brandon: ummm...not sure? Let me think about that one.....

4. How does your dad make you laugh?
Mindi: I love his dry humor. "Hey look! Someones out fixing the wing!" (While in a plane that's about 30 thousand feet in the air) He always says his jokes so matter of fact--people actually believe him! :)
Justin: His distain for the general public
Brandon: He has the best dry sense of humor of anyone I've met..it's forever ruined me.
Me and my kids will totally bust a gut if someone with a dry sense of humor cracks a joke. We get it. My kids have even told me that if any of their teachers had the same humor, they would be the only ones in the class laughing.

5. What was your dad like as a child?
Mindi: I imagine him bugging the hell out of his sister like most brothers do. Maybe a little shy, but never allowing anyone to step all over him.
Justin: Grumpy
Brandon: I want to say he was a hoolagin...but I doubt he would say he was.

6. How old is your dad?
Mindi: 57 as of a couple of weeks ago.
Justin: REALLY OLLLLLD :)
Brandon: He's young. ;)

7. How tall is your dad?
Mindi: I think he's around 5'10"
Justin: Average
Brandon: Just a little shorter than I am. bwahaha

8. What is his favorite thing to do?
Mindi: Playing with his grandkids. He also loves to have little conversations with them.
Justin: Be solitary
Brandon: Spend time with grandkids...OR...Listen to music.

9. What does your dad do when you're not around?
Mindi: Oh, he's always doing something! If he ever rests, it's because he hurt himself while working too hard in the yard!
Justin: Oh god, I don't want to know!!
Brandon: Listens to music really loud. I remember coming home once and he had Indagodavita playing like full blast!!!

10. If your dad becomes famous, what will it be for?
Mindi: Best grandpa in the world award!
Justin: I'm not sure.
Brandon: Biggest record collection, for sure.

11. What is your dad really good at?
Mindi: He can fix anything!!
Justin: Landscaping
Brandon: Just about anything he does. But one thing to point out is landscaping. We always had a really nice yard growing up.

12. What is your dad not very good at?
Mindi: Ouch! Well, maybe some things to do with computers.
Justin: Socializing
Brandon: Electronics, though it appears he is getting lots better :)

13. What is your dad's favorite food?
Mindi: Lasagna with cottage cheese in it.
Justin: Olive Garden
Brandon: I do believe it is Mexican. I hope that's right?

14. What makes you proud of your dad?
Mindi: He's been through hell and back--more than a lot of people have ever experienced at such a young age. He has amazing insight and understanding about life from it all!
Justin: His tolerance for B.S.
Brandon: His ability to never give up. Cuz that's what I like to do. ;)

15. If your dad were a cartoon character, who would he be?
Mindi: J-Stache!!! (umm ?)
Justin: Grumpy (seven dwarfs)
Brandon: You know...I'm drawing a blank here...I don't know too many cartoon characters..sorry :( (Brandon didn't have a cartoon character for me either, hmmmm)

16. What do you and your dad do together?
Mindi: Talk. And I love talking with him. He is also the best listener!!!
Justin: Move in, move out, move in, etc. :)
Brandon: Move stuff from one house to another. :)
It's not that we move all the time. It just seems like all of us have moved at the same time. Especially this year.

17. How are you and your dad the same?
Mindi: Totally got his nose! We also both love Fabreeze and clean things! :)
Justin: We both have short tempers. (True that)
Brandon: Bad tempers... (For sure)

18. How are you and your dad different?
Mindi: Bargain shopping. I need to take lessons from him!
Justin: He's very good at repairs and I'm not.
Brandon: Obviously age.

19. How do you know your dad loves you?
Mindi: He's ALWAYS been there for me. No matter what. He's my hero.
Justin: He's always there to help out when needed.
Brandon: I just know it dammit!

20. Where is your dad's favorite place to go?
Mindi: Home Depot or anywhere to buy trees and other shrubs/flowers for the yard. Not sure if he actually likes going to those places? I just know he goes there often.
Justin: His office.
Brandon: His office :)

21. What is your dad's least favorite place to go?
Mindi: The movies. he's not into crowds of people. I think him and my mom purposely go to them on Sundays when there will be less people there! (When he actually does go to a movie! :)
Justin: In a neighborhood full of churchy people
Brandon: Church?

This is always so fun to do. Even if you have younger kids, their perspective on things are so awesome. You should try it. With yourself, or with your significant other.

When I saw this little funny, it truly reminded me of dads. I've seen both my husband, my SIL and son doing the "zoning out" thing when the kids are trying to get their attention. *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment