Wednesday, July 7, 2010

They Say It's My Birthday

I'm the big 5-3 today. Shocking, I know. Pick your jaws up off the floor. It's ok, I'm cool with it.

This picture is one of my very favorite of myself. I think I was around 2. Ah, look at that cute face. What can I tell you about the day I was born. It was a Sunday. I was born in a small town. I had an older sister and my dad was away serving a mission for the Mormon church. He was the very last missionary that they allowed to go out after they were married. Yeah, weird. I liken it as sending off your hubby to wherever they are sending the troops now. He didn't get home until I was 18 months old.
I'm honoring myself today. I'm happy with my life. I love my husband, my kids, and my grandkids. I sat outside last night with my 8 year old granddaughter and 6 year old grandson. I don't remember sitting outside with my grandma. She didn't want us to call her grandma. It made her sound "too old". I was born on her birthday. It kind of makes me sad. I would have loved having a grandma that wanted to just be silly and goofy and have a good time with me on my birthday. Nope, we always had to be primm and proper. I made a pact with me, myself and I, that I would be the kind of grandma I didn't have. At least my grandkids love to hang around me. Not as much as hanging around with their bapa, but hey, he plays harder with them than I do. They got the best of both worlds.
Now, stand up, get your boogie legs on, and dance along to this cute birthday video. It's always the song I call and sing to my kids and grandkids. Poor things. I always sing it in my worst singing voice ever, cuz that's the way I roll. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment