Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yikes, I'm a Stylish Blogger

  





Michele of Bodacious Boomer Fame has totally got it in her diluted brain that I have a stylish blog.  What the?  Are you blind girl.  I have no style.  Just strange.  Oh well, as the saying goes, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Ummm, whomever came up with that line, was on some sort of good stuff, ya know. 
 
These awards always come with rules.  Rules people.  Do I like rules, no, I don't, but I will post them anyway.
 
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave it to you. Dear Michele, thanks, but you shouldn't have.  I mean, really, you shouldn't have. :)
 
2. Share 7 things about yourself.  Seven things I haven't already told you in the last 30 days.


  3. Pay it forward to 15 other recently discovered great bloggers.Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers?  Dear award creators and maker of rules.  15 bloggers that I just discovered.  Not going to happen.  One, some bloggers hate to get rewards.  They leave little disclaimers on their blog.  Others I haven't "recently" discovered.  They have been along for the ride for a long time.  Next, when I don't pick fellow bloggers, some of them get so upset that their names aren't listed that I feel all bad inside.  Oh, the agony.  Whatever shall I do.
 
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award.
 
Seven things. What haven't I already told you. Thinking.....thinking....thinking.

1.  Being a woman of 53, I'm either hot or cold.  It sucks.  One minute I'm in a long sleeve shirt, the next I'm in a short sleeved shirt. 
 
2.  Rainy, gray days depress the crap out of me.
 
3.  When I yell at my kids, my mom's voice comes out of my mouth.  It is muy (pronounced moo-e) scary.
 
4.  I have been known to laugh hysterically in the card aisle at the store.
 
5.  I would rather eat Crab Legs than Lobster.
 
6.  They say that admitting to something is the first step to recovery.  Hi, my name is Dazee, and I'm addicted to blogging.
 
7.  I hate the saying, sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me.  Who came up with this saying?  Words can be very mean and hurtful.  They can bring someone to their knees faster than those stupid sticks and stones.
 
Ok, here are a few blogs that I'm giving this award to.  Please, please, please don't be upset if I didn't hand one to you.  If you have had a blog that has touched me in some way in the past few weeks, it sticks in my mind and I just want to show you off to others.  That is how my mind works.  K?
 
Kimberly at All Work And No Play.  She was hurt on her job as a nurse, and the place of her employment is always trying to get out of covering her.  She is in constant pain.  But she is so sweet and kind, except to the rat bastards that think she doesn't deserve to be covered.  I heart you Kimberly.
 
Shelia at Opto-Mom.  Her post on When a Reservation Really Isn't a Reservation, totally had me wanting to write an email for her.  I would do it too Shelia, oh you know I would.
 
Mom's Sanity Is Making A Comeback.  She has been sober since August 4th of 2009 and just went to a wedding in Las Vegas.  I appreciate how hard it was for her being there, and without a friend that she could text, she might have caved in.  I give her a big ole standing ovation for not giving in while her family members were trying to get her to drink.   
 
Just Plain Crazy.  A mans perspective of working in the retail world.  His post this last week about what he is going to do for Thanksgiving really touched my heart.  He just mostly cracks me up with his verbatim conversations.  Love him.
 
Ok there are my picks this week.  I didn't even think I would pick anyone, but I felt the pressure.  Go check them out.  You'll be glad you did.