Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shipping & Handling......Oh No She Didn't!!!!!!

 

Dear fellow bloggers,

As you know, I am at the age when I just don't let companies get away with crap.  Remember the email I sent to the Radio Station , yeah, never heard back from them.  The scardy pants.  They just don't know what to say to the truth.

As you can tell from the picture.  I love me some Hills Brothers White Chocolate Carmel Cappuccino.  The problem is, not every store carries that flavor.  Not even Walmart, and they carry freaking everything.  They have all the other flavors.  Makes me a little bit mad. 

About 3 months ago, I sent off an email to Hills Brothers stating that it would be nice to see it on the shelves in more stores.  Their response was the ever loving, we are sorry, but you can always buy it online.

Yesterday, I decided.  Ok rat bastards, you aren't going to have it on the shelves, I'll order it online.  You have to buy a box of 6 online.  No problem.  I'll use it all in about 6 months.  Go through all the steps, get to the page that they tell you how much it is going to cost.  $18.36 or something of that sort for the box.  Awesome, that makes it cheaper than I can buy it in the store. 

Oh, but wait, here is your S&H charge.  $17.83.  WTH.  Seventeen freaking dollars for shipping and handling.  I think not.  They can take their cappuccino and put it back on the shelf, thank you very much.  I proceed to send off an email to Hills Brothers, because that's how I roll.  Tell them that I know for a fact that they are ripping off their customers.  I do the UPS labels at work  for items that weigh a whole bunch more, and there is no way it comes to that much.  I also pointed out that HANDLING CHARGES are bogus.  Their employees are already pulling items for shipments, it's not some freaking special request. 

Today, I get a reply from one of the customer service reps at Massimo Zanetti Beverage.  Here is the email that I found in my inbox this morning.
Thank you for taking the time to contact Massimo Zanetti Beverage Company.

To answer your question regarding shipping charges, our coffees/cappuccinos are shipping from the east coast; therefore, it's a great distance to ship to UT. Further, I would like to share this information to you:

How much is your shipping? We use UPS Real Time. Shipping charges vary depending on weight and where it is being shipped to. The store will provide you with the shipping and handling charges prior to entering your credit card information. Massimo Zanetti does not control the shipping charges; if interested, you might see if you can save on shipping charges if you order more than one case.

With the few things I have personally shipped over the past year, I must say I've noticed a large increase in shipping charges.

Again, thank you for contacting Massimo Zanetti Beverage; we greatly appreciate your comments and concerns.

Signed
*******
Consumer Response Center

What the?

Oh no she didn't!!!!!

In all fairness, I will post the reply I sent off this morning.

I ship things to the east coast also, and I can guarantee you that as much weight as a box of 6 items of your product is, does not justify what you are charging. And the fact of HANDLING. Your employees are handling product all day long. We don't charge for the handling to ship out our product.


The fact is, if you want to SELL the product, YOUR REPS should be pushing it to be on the shelves. I have reps calling on me all day to bring in this new product. So it's not like you are just talking to someone that doesn't understand how selling, shipping and handling works.

And no, I will not order more than one box of 6 just to save money and put more poundage on the shipping. Go ahead and keep ripping off those people that don't care. I will just buy the coffee mate creamer that I bought this weekend to go in my coffee. Yeah, it is a white chocolate carmel flavor. Imagine that, they must have good reps pushing their items.

Thanks, but no thanks. I was addicted to your stuff, but I'm not going to buy it if I can't just pick it up at my local Walmart, Smiths, Kroger, Albertsons, etc, etc. CUZ IT'S NOT THERE.

Sincerely,
A Very Pissed Off Dazee 
ok, I didn't put that, but I should have :)

I know that some of you are going to say that I went to far.  I just had to do it to make myself feel better.  I tried to play their game, but I'm just not going to be ripped off.  I will pay the freight.  I understand that.  I also know that some companies will add a couple of dollars onto a freight charge.  That is wrong.  Just don't freaking rip me off on it all, or tell me to buy more than I want to. 

Breathing, Breathing