Thursday, March 17, 2011

You Inspire Me


Happy St. Patricks Day everyone.  Isn't that just the cutest little leprechaun you have seen lately.  She reminds me of someone I know. :)

I hate to complain about pain.  Last night I was in so much pain.  I have diabetic neuropathy.  Sometime I can deal with the pain in my legs/feet/hands but others, like last night, not so much. 

I know people that have pain much worse than I. 

 Kimberly at All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something is one such woman.  I feel so bad for her.  She's a nurse and totally wrecked her back working in the ER one night.  An industrial accident.  But the hospital is fighting paying her continual medical costs.  Her case is going to court.  She is in constant, everyday pain with her back.  Most days you wouldn't know that she has any kind of pain when she writes, but every once in a while, she brings me to tears over her pain and the hell that her employer puts her through.  I've often told her I would love to get about 1000 bloggers together and protest in front of the hospital where she works.  Or call Dateline or 20/20 to do a report.  If only I had the power to do that.  

In honor of her always inspiring me to continue on through the pain, she is the recipient of the very first

Dazee's
You Inspire Me Award

Kim, you have touched my life more than you will ever know.  Whenever I am having so much pain that I want to just amputate my appendages, I think about you, and what you go through.  I can only hope and pray that you will have a few days without pain.