Monday, September 19, 2011

Some People Suck

Ok, so, ummmm, I'm going to rant today.  I'll try to rant in a humorous way, but I'm not promising it will happen.

Some people suck.  There I said it.  But don't worry my little chick-a-dee's.  I'm not talking about any of you.  You guys rock my world.  Hell, some of you even want to hang out with me. 

Speaking of which.  I sent a friend request to my long lost school friend.  I know she has been on facebook because I saw she changed her profile picture.  She is ignoring that and the private messages I sent her.  So, I'm over it.  I guess you really can't go back to some things.  Besides, I just might not be religious enough for her.  

Which brings me to my rant.

As most of you know, my daughter and her family live in our basement apartment.  Next door there lives a family that has kids about the same age.  They are of the "religion of Utah choice".  Their kids USED to be able to play with my grandkids.  But only outside.  The other night we were babysitting the kids while their mom and dad went on a date.  The kids next door asked if the grandkids could play.  They asked us and of course we said they could.  Then they were told, but you can only come into our backyard, we can't play at your house.  Fine, they FINALLY got grass this year, so all is well.  About 5 minutes after they went over there, they were back.  "Their mom and dad said they had to come in".  My grandkids are not allowed inside their house.  Their kids have come into the apartment, but get in trouble when they do.  Also, their kids are the type that ask the grandkids to come in and ask either their mom and dad, or me and Mr. Dazee for food.  Otter pops, ice cream bars, candy, you name it, they know us grandparents have stuff around to spoil them.  I'm thinking that if my grandkids went over there and asked them to go ask their mom and dad for something to eat, they would be grounded for life.  

It just really pisses me off.  We are good people.  NO we don't go to church.  Doesn't mean that we are scum of the earth.  We are making our backyard kid friendly so that kids can play back there and not be out on the street.  We don't party all night.  Yes, we drink coffee (OMG, tell me it isn't true), but I tell you what.  I know for a fact that my daughter, her husband, and Mr Dazee would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.  But you see, we are BAD.  We aren't the religion of choice.  Sidebar:  I am but I don't go any longer.  As do my kids.  This kind of behavior finally got to me.  

NO ONE, and I mean, NO ONE, is better than anyone else.  I don't care what you believe in, what color your skin is, or even your political views.  We are ALL part of the human race.  There are bad people in every race, religion and political arena.  

I lived with my own kids being treated different because of the religious outlook.  But I will be damned if I'm going to watch my grandkids be treated the same way.  Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.......Well, people that feel like that are better than anyone else will be seeing my fury soon.  Because Earth hath no fury like a grandmother scorned!!!!!!!

Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. That is awful. I just don't understand how some people can think that they're better just because they believe in something. I thought God loved everyone...am I not correct???
    As for your long lost friend...keep her lost. She doesn't know what she's missing out on. You rock my face off.

    ReplyDelete