Thursday, September 29, 2011

X-actly What I Mean


It has come to my attention, that you have giving your students a very hard report to do this week.  Dazee begged me to tell you that 
a) she's very sick
b) the dog ate her homework
c) she's visiting relatives out of State.
I sat that girl down and made her do her report.
Please give me a call or email if she gives you any more trouble
Sincerely
Mrs. Dreamer

The Letter X

A report by

Dazee Dreamer
4th Period Writing

Long ago, in a far off land, there lived dinosaurs.  They roamed the earth, scaring all those in sight.  

Of those dinosaurs lived the fiercest of them all
The Xenosaurus

*slender-bodied Mexican lizards having the upper surface covered with tiny granules and tubercles*
Wait.   What?  Little tiny lizards.  I would have thought that with the name of Xenosaurus, they would have been of the stegosaurus family.  That's what I get for thinking.

Well then, lets try this one
Xenodochium
(Xen-o-do-chi-um)

*A house for the reception of strangers*
*In the middle ages, a room in a monastery for the reception and entertainment of strangers and pilgrims, and for the relief of paupers.*
Ok.  so let me get this straight.  You put the lime in the coconut, you mix them all together......oops.
The monks are going about their silent business.  A big neon flashing sign is welcoming all the strangers, pilgrims and paupers.  They are holding a reception that icky awful yummy looking food like in Sister Act 2.  There is going to be some type of entertainment, which includes, singing of the monk hymns and such.   

The scary one, the "relief" of paupers.  Just what kind of relief are they seeking?  Oh, my bad, they are seeking the food and entertainment and maybe even the bathroom facilities.  What?  They are seeking "relief".  

As you have learned by now.  I tend to steer away from the normal.   I couldn't bring myself to talk about Xanax, X-Rays, or Xanadu.  

And I totally got this turned in before the end of class.  I so rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment